AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed any lipsync issues with FOX "EDTV" shows? I've noticed that Oliver Beane (sp?) has many problems, but other shows such as Fastlane and John Doe don't have many issues.

It's gotten so bad at times that my girlfriend notices it.

I'm on Time Warner Cable, NYC, with a SA3100HD box.

-Jon

·
Registered
14,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yubyub
Has anyone noticed any lipsync issues with FOX "EDTV" shows? I've noticed that Oliver Beane (sp?) has many problems, but other shows such as Fastlane and John Doe don't have many issues.

It's gotten so bad at times that my girlfriend notices it.

I'm on Time Warner Cable, NYC, with a SA3100HD box.

-Jon
No problem in Greensboro, NC.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
yub,

Fox does not do HDTV, so I edited your question.

I've not seen any audio problems in Detroit, so I'm thinking it's a local issue, moving to the HDTV Locals forum.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's why I put HD in quotes... now that it's EDTV, it shouldn't have quotes...

Thanks for moving to a different forum, tho.

-Jon

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Have watched Boston Public, 24, Fastlane and John Doe on FAUX a bunch of times in Digital Widescreen or whatever they call it. Never had a lip-sync issue.

Never saw Andy Richter or Oliver Beene.

Mark

Irrelevant aside: I think I coined FAUX, which means, "Those broadcasts on Fox digital channels that are in 480p and widescreen that they are not explicitly calling HDTV, but call them High Definition Digital Widescreen (or whatever the official name is). This phenomenona, whether intentionally or not, serves to mislead people, but does produce broadcasts that generally look good, even though they are not to be confused with genuine high definition television."

Please feel free to use my coinage (if it is indeed mine) whenever it expresses the above sentiment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've noticed this problem in SF Bay Area. It gets to the point where I have to force myself not to look at the peoples' mouths. Glad to hear it's not just me having that problem. Unless it's just our boxes that are defective.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm also pulling the signal off Sutro Tower (SF Bay Area), but we get it in upconverted 720p, and I've only gotten lip sync problems with using the 30 second skip on my JVC D-VHS deck. Never noticed problems when watching 24, Fastlane or John Doe (the only ones I've watched live.) OTA with my Panny DST-51A, and side-converted to 1080i on my Huges E86.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.