AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that when watching ota digital or hd programming that there is a lip synch problem. the mouths move before the words come out. but it varies... sometimes its real close but sometimes its off by a second or maybe alittle more.

i've haD THIS box only 3 weeks but lip prob has shown up last couple days.

i watch ota from philly channels and use optical for DD sound from my denon 3300.

so bad stb or ota channels problem?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Your local station is the cause problem, give them a call ask for the engineers.

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope not my local channels. i also now see it on hbo-h and hdnet.

and local channels. but this doesn't always happen. should i be going back to tweeter for exchange? or is anyone else seeing this problem too.

:mad:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It would be most unusual if the problem was in the STB. As stated above, it is usually, if not always, the programming source.

Suggestion:

Disconnect the optical cable and plug in RCA cables from the STB audio out to the Denon. [Don't forget to change the Denon setting.] If the problem persists, you can eliminate the optical connection as the cause.

Then connect the STB audio out directly to the TV, bypassing the Denon. This will tell you whether the problem is in the STB or the Denon...or neither.

One other thought: Check the Denon delay setting.

Of course, it is possible that your eyes work faster than do your ears.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the same problem, but only with local OTA channel NBC here in Atlanta (WXIA Channel 11). All other HD DTV and OTA channels synch up fine.

I also have the Dennon receiver (I have a Sony HD 100 STB). I tried to isolate if the problem was with the Denon receiver, but found it was not, as the RCA sound signals are just as delayed as the optical signals.

I can't seem to find anyone who can solve this problem. I've tried calling the station, but they don't return my phone call. Sony put me on hold for 30 minutes, then told me to call the station, that it was not their receiver.

I'm frustrated too!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Toshiba,Hughes and Mitsubishi are all made by Hughes. My Toshiba has lip sync problems on any channel with Dolby Digital. It doesn't matter if is OTA or DTV. Maybe a firmware upgrade is coming to fix this. I tried calling Toshiba. They don't have a clue whay I am talking about.

·
Registered
599 Posts
This problem usually occurs with the high data rate audio.

The STB manufactures are aware of this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.