Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As per the research I did over the NET about Lip Sync Problems with HD, I am assuming it is a very needed feature in the receiver.

Can anyone let me know what is the maximum Lip Sync delay (how many milli secs ) that we should be taking care of using a receiver's "Lip Sync Delay" feature ?

Thanking you all

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I meant is what is the highest value of Lip Synch Delay that a receiver should support to overcome the Lip Sync Problems with DVDs and HD Broadcast ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I hear that people with major lip synch issues benefit well from within the spectrum of 240ms, which is the limit of Yamaha receivers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the Lip Synch Delay feature on these new AVR's actually delay the sound to all the speakers or just the center channel? I am not using a center speaker due to my mains being located directly next to the TV due to room size constraints.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83
I hear that people with major lip synch issues benefit well from within the spectrum of 240ms, which is the limit of Yamaha receivers.
I don't find I need more than about 100 ms most of the time using my RX-V1400. Most programs require no correction at all but I'm still glad I purchased a receiver that supports it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.