AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hello, World!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there with the software/skills to put together a full suite of lipsync calibration patterns together for use with devices such as the Syncheck3 or the Sync-One2?

What is needed:

Patterns with a black background that, once per second, flash full-screen white and have a short loud BEEP at precisely the same moment. The patterns should run for several minutes to avoid timing issues caused by having short patterns that just repeat.

The patterns should come in various resolutions from DVD up to Blu-Ray, and all the common refresh rates and include the various common audio codecs found on DVD and Blu-Ray (PCM,DD,DTS,TrueHD,DTS-HD)

I'm guessing it wouldn't be much work for somebody who knows what they're doing and has the software/time...? :D

Anybody?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Anybody out there with the software/skills to put together a full suite of lipsync calibration patterns together for use with devices such as the Syncheck3 or the Sync-One2?

What is needed:

Patterns with a black background that, once per second, flash full-screen white and have a short loud BEEP at precisely the same moment. The patterns should run for several minutes to avoid timing issues caused by having short patterns that just repeat.

The patterns should come in various resolutions from DVD up to Blu-Ray, and all the common refresh rates and include the various common audio codecs found on DVD and Blu-Ray (PCM,DD,DTS,TrueHD,DTS-HD)

I'm guessing it wouldn't be much work for somebody who knows what they're doing and has the software/time...? :D

Anybody?
It is doubtful that someone is going to put that much time and effort without some form of payment.

Disney's WOW disc has a test pattern/procedure on it for just that purpose. You can also consider creating one for yourself from such materials found on Youtube.

I hope this helps.

·
Hello, World!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is doubtful that someone is going to put that much time and effort without some form of payment.

Disney's WOW disc has a test pattern/procedure on it for just that purpose. You can also consider creating one for yourself from such materials found on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szoOsG9137U

I hope this helps.
Yeah, I'm just putting out feelers really. If you don't ask...

I have created some of my own patterns, but my software is limited to PCM, and my experience with creating DVD/Blu-Ray is very limited.

And I have a bunch of useable patterns spread across multiple discs that I already use but would much rather have them all on one disc for convenience.

Would certainly be open to funding the project in some way if somebody can create what I need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts