Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

___There is finally a liquid cooling solution for the T-Bird’s/XP xx00’s available without the mess of small compressors/evaporators/HS’s/and tubing in and around your case. It is called the CPU Radiator Zen and has some very unique features. The cost is out of reach in comparison to an air-cooled solution but it is ~ ½ of the cost of some of the better liquid cooling solutions available today. The air-cooling $65.00 Silverado’s and $40.00 – fan’s Alpha 8045’s work very nicely even with 1.4 GHz T-Birds using very low noise fan setups but the Zen Radiator may even beat those depending on the fans chosen if modifiable … At ~ $105.00, its not cheap and the stock 4500 rpm fans do not sound all that quiet by the two reviews I have read on them this morning but eventually, this may be the answer for the ever increasing higher frequency CPU’s on smaller DIE’s or heat-spreaders to achieve both excellent thermal results as well as a hopefully extremely quiet cooling solution. Again, I do not believe this is as quiet a solution in its present form in comparison to the Alpha and Silverado mentioned above but it is a step in the right direction for those considering liquid cooling in some form for both thermal performance as well as a more acceptable dB output. If the price were to come down and we could house some 80 mm Panaflow/Papst/Sunon/PC Power & Cooling Silencer in a slightly bigger housing, this may very well be a solid HTPC cooling solution at low dB output.

___Enjoy

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Its going to be hard typing with my fingers crossed.:)

There definitely needs to be some advances in cooling technology. The fact that even the big companies sell "Multimedia Machines" for watching DVD and listening to music, and watching TV, and leave them sounding like little blow dryers is beyond me. Wjhat hurts more is that even if you build one yourself you still will have a hard time trying to bring the noise down.

If I were in another room with a closet nearby, I would probably stick the machine in there. But I would like to find a better solution than hiding it. The worst part is that there are users who like the loud noise, as a merit to their cooling skills. They brag about their Deltas.

This cooler looks like a nice rig. I will have to check the review out in depth when I get the time. If it is a truly closed system, maintenance free, that would be wonderful. And finding a quiet fan solution shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joe:

___Nice link … I just do not see these devices becoming commonplace in the next year or two given the p-type Bi2Te3/Sb2Te3 chemical composition let alone what the cost’s will be whereas the Zen is available today. Its just that the Zen is not setup in a manner that is conducive to the lowest possible dB output for our HTPC’s just yet ;)

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.