AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined this forum today, so i apologise for another "help me choose" thread.

Basically me and my girlfriend are moving into our first house and would like to make an informed purchase for our first TV, we've been looking at the 37" sizes and feel that is more then enough for our needs (but are open to other sizes depending on the price). Our viewing distance is roughly 2 metres (from Sofa to TV area).

Our budget is £400 - £600 ($660 - $990)

We are open to both Plasma and LCD but we have some reservations about both types.

Couple of concerns are:

Plasma's and daylight, how bad are they really? Will i have to draw my curtains during the day to watch the TV for 15 minutes?

LCD's how bad is the blacks? And is the picture quality as good as Plasma's?

Also I'm a keen gamer, so I'm quite concerned about input lag, if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

A few of the must have things on the TV's are 1080p for Blu Ray and Xbox 360 gaming / PC gaming and headphone port.

We've been looking at the following models extensively:

LG 37LH3000

LG 37LF7700

Toshiba 37RV555DB

Panasonic TX-L37S10

Panasonic TX-P37X10B

Sony KDL37S5500

Sony KDL-32V5500 (I know 32", but the reviews are pretty awesome)

Samsung LE37B551A

If anyone has any experiences with any of the above TV's or anything they can recommend, it would be great if they could share them with us.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you're thinking about input lag, I'd look closely at the Panasonics that come with the IPS-alpha panels from Hitachi. I know the L37S1 is one; I suspect the S10 is, but I can't find that on their website. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a V5500 either, just V5100; are you shopping out of the US?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_humbug /forum/post/16914386

If you're thinking about input lag, I'd look closely at the Panasonics that come with the IPS-alpha panels from Hitachi. I know the L37S1 is one; I suspect the S10 is, but I can't find that on their website. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a V5500 either, just V5100; are you shopping out of the US?

Ah sorry, I'm from the UK, so my shopping will be based mainly in the UK, unless import costs are acceptable.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton187 /forum/post/16914408

Ah sorry, I'm from the UK, so my shopping will be based mainly in the UK, unless import costs are acceptable.

Not a problem; just wanted to know which international site to look at. The S10 is IPS-alpha, and would be my choice. I wish it was available larger than 37"; if it were, I'd probably own one now. I'd take a good, long look at that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts