Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GrantMeThePower
I bet the ones sony wants you to think of are called Qualia.
Except the Qualia 006 can't accept 1080p....

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
These are the HDTVs I know of that can (or might) accept and display 1080p at 60 fps:

1. Sony Qualia will be upgradable this summer.

2. Sharp 45" 1080p LCD but it depends on the model you buy.

3. JVC HD2k which has been since release.

4. 37" 1080p LCDs from Westinghouse and BenQ are rumored to be.

5. Potentially the 1080p DLPs from Samsung.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
or we can just wait a year and you can keep checking the displays forum :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Low Roller
Except the Qualia 006 can't accept 1080p....
Neither can the front projector (004 I think and about $30K).

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
There's none currently, but that's not to say we will see some later on:)

IMO it just means the PS3 is future ready,don't be mislead and think the PS3 will have games displayed at 1080p at launch,aint going to happen.

Sure there are supposed 1080p displays that will "Output" 1080p, but none will accept a 1080p "Input".

Untill then, at least it's great in that it makes the PS3 future ready for when 1080p hardware come available.

·
Registered
191 Posts
G90 can.

~Will

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
1080i versus 1080p is the difference between a full glass of water and a glass of water with one sip taken out of it. :)

Its easy to see the flaws in an interlaced picture at 480 lines....at 1080 lines its much harder to spot. But LCD's and DLP's are progressive devices so naturally it seems feasable that 1080p would be a reality.

Still, a word to the wise: Just because a company says it can do something, doesnt mean that developers will take the time to use the feature, or for that matter to balance their softare for use at that resolution.

A game that runs with full visual effects at 720p or 1080i might play unacceptably slow at 1080p.

See: Microsoft xbox :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
edit: i thought that the next gen mitsu dlps would allow 1080p/60 input,

however after some research I'm pretty sure it won't. Sorry folks.

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
Westinghouse has a really cheap 32 or 37" Set, I want to say its $2 grand (cheap as in comparible to other LCD flat-panel sets, not projectors).....it supposedly does 1080p, but its contrast ratio is 600:1 I think...not too good.

Still, as a gaming box that might be just fine...

·
Registered
551 Posts
It seems to me that none of today's models are really meant for 1080p inputs. Guess we'll have to wait until 2006, and maybe 2007 for affordable models.

·
Registered
540 Posts
there is no such thing a san input that can take an 1080p input signal...the answer to this thread should be a simple.....NOTHING.

the 1080p tv's that are coming out don't take a 1080p signal...they UPCONVERT to an 1080p signal.

1080p is not an input standard as of now and wont be for a while....DVI nore HDMI can't display it...so your talking about an upgrade to these ports...and thats going to take a while. when they upgrade to 1080p inputs...you will not see an "afordable" model for a couple years....if they show up in 2006....expect to pay the premium...continuing to 2007 expect to pay a little less...but its still going to be higher than the majority will be will to pay for.

1080p on ps3 is just an big number they can throw out so they can say look...were more high definition than xbox 360 is. its games are going to be 720p and 1080i just like the 360's. Just get a decent hdtv and be happy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quote:
there is no such thing a san input that can take an 1080p input signal...the answer to this thread should be a simple.....NOTHING.
Thats wrong. The 45" Sharp LCD I noted above can accept a 1080p signal right now - you just have to bypass the media box which isn't a big deal.

ot

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.