AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3164 Posts

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
There's these new listings on Amazon from some company called OSD whose claim to fame is making outdoor speakers.

OSD Audio PS12 High Powered 175W Premium 12-Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer

They have the "premium" model in 12 and 10" and a lesser (down firing) version for less.

The specs on the 12" premium model are quite fascinating.

It is rated from 5 (yep 5hz) t0 180hz -3db. All for less than $250. :)

http://www.amazon.com/OSD-Audio-PS12...162444&sr=1-27

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 /forum/post/0

There's these new listings on Amazon from some company called OSD whose claim to fame is making outdoor speakers.

They have the "premium" model in 12 and 10" and a lesser (down firing) version for less.

http://www.amazon.com/OSD-Audio-PS12...162444&sr=1-27

You don't believe that do you

·
Registered
881 Posts
Newegg Energy S10.3 on sale till 24th.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 /forum/post/21106640

It does indeed say 5Hz. What a phenomenal feat of engineering!
My guess is that's supposed to be 50Hz though, and I think I found the missing 0; instead of "to" 180Hz your wrote "t0", so it's all your fault.

OSD does make a few different models, all of which will be added. Thanks...

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Added

Outdoor Speaker Depot (OSD) SS8, P8, S-10, S-12, PS10, PS12

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Added

Pinnacle PS Sub 8-300, SubSonix 10-200, AC Sub 125, PS Sub 225

·
Registered
8,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson /forum/post/21107769

It does indeed say 5Hz. What a phenomenal feat of engineering!
My guess is that's supposed to be 50Hz though, and I think I found the missing 0; instead of "to" 180Hz your wrote "t0", so it's all your fault.

OSD does make a few different models, all of which will be added. Thanks...

This obscure sub would be hard to recommend compared to known entities like BIC for about the same price. And, one could get 3 of the Monoprice 12 inch subs for the price of 1 OSD sub. The 15 X 16.5 X 15.5 dimensions are not inspiring. Maximum output at 45 Hz or higher with very very limited response below 35 hz is likely. The 2 so-called reviews are meaningless.

At least with the Monoprice sub you get what you are paying for.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Removed

Allison Acoustics AL10 (no longer being sold)

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Added

Klipsch SW-350, Sub-10

·
Registered
989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/21129294

This obscure sub would be hard to recommend compared to known entities like BIC for about the same price. And, one could get 3 of the Monoprice 12 inch subs for the price of 1 OSD sub. The 15 X 16.5 X 15.5 dimensions are not inspiring. Maximum output at 45 Hz or higher with very very limited response below 35 hz is likely. The 2 so-called reviews are meaningless.

At least with the Monoprice sub you get what you are paying for.

Actually, looking at the OSD website: http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/1...ofer-ps12.html

.... it is listed as going down to 25hz. For a 12-inch ported subwoofer of that size, the specifications seem reasonable. The amp on the back looks beefy for the price.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_rangeBrew /forum/post/21144848

Actually, looking at the OSD website: http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/1...ofer-ps12.html

.... it is listed as going down to 25hz. For a 12-inch ported subwoofer of that size, the specifications seem reasonable. The amp on the back looks beefy for the price.

That looks like the AudioSource PSW112. The amp seems to be the exact same one too. The only difference is the controls in the back instead of on the front.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
There is a similarity, isn't there? I'm thinking about ordering one of those OSD subs for my next review, as soon as I'm done with the XTZ (which should be this week). Perhaps I'll find out for myself what they're really like.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Added

Crystal Acoustics TX-8Sub

Earthquake Sub-80X

Legrand HT5104

Linear PSW108, PSW112

Niles Audio SW10

·
Registered
284 Posts
Of most of the subs in this place, which of them would be best for HT and music and gaming. I have done some research and the most prominent that sticks out is the Bic F-12...any others that would be decent for all around?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 /forum/post/21196693

Of most of the subs in this place, which of them would be best for HT and music and gaming. I have done some research and the most prominent that sticks out is the Bic F-12...any others that would be decent for all around?

Woot, I have 2 F12 on their way. I've learn on this forum that the F12 isn't suited for music but it's ok as I use my system 95% for movies and gaming.

For you, the Polk PSW505 would be my first choice followed by the Lava LSP-12. Never heard the Lava but the 505, depending on the size of your room and with proper placement and tuning can make your eyeballs vibrate. The Lava gets respect here on AVS.

My two cents

·
Registered
284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interestedparty /forum/post/21074852

Yep...I am in the market, and think i am going to get an ultra 12, talked to emotiva yesterday, and they are going to lay the ultra 12 down...

wouldnt it be hard to repair the Ultra if it were to break down in the future since its discontinued?

and what do you guys mean its good for high volumes? what if you wanted to play it at low volumes?

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 /forum/post/21197094

wouldnt it be hard to repair the Ultra if it were to break down in the future since its discontinued?

and what do you guys mean its good for high volumes? what if you wanted to play it at low volumes?

Emotiva is a good company, so I don't think you'd have much to worry about. I believe the warranty is 5 years on parts and labor, so you should be set for a while.

Just to reiterate... the purpose of this thread isn't really to discuss any particular subwoofer, it's purely informational in nature. If you have specific questions about something it would be better to start a new thread, that way all the answers you get will be focused on your specific situation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What about the BIC Acoustech PL-200? From the different threads I've found, it seems to be easily purchased for around $280.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 /forum/post/21196693

I was going to get the F-12 for my first sub, but was able to purchase the PL-200 for $249 today.

I would say that the F-12 is easily the "best" for under $200.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for this thread! So much good info.

Just a quick heads up, right now on Amazon the Polk PSW505 is $179!

I think I am going to pull the trigger. Hard not to at that price.

61 - 80 of 3164 Posts