AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have played 2 of these in the 2910. One plays just fine from start to finish. The other choked on the way through. I think the second one was a bad burn. They are both Verbatims.

It was burnt with Nero on a new Pioneer A08 dvd burner with Nero 6.25, set to book type dvd-rom on the disc bit setting, for the best most likely recognition by your dvd player. Its a backup copy of a recent movie purchase for those who are wondering. Navigation, Menu's , everything works just fine.

Nero, fyi, is not the best software for burning dual layer discs at the moment, it needs to be tweaked some more I think. People on the web are reporting Sonic to be better.

Right now dual layer +R is the only dual format that exists, dual layer -R does not exist yet.

A good link explaining the structure engineering of dual layer dvd for those into the techie details:
http://www.hubcanada.com/story_11204_5

Theese discs are hard to find and expensive right now, but the Verbatim DL dvd's can bought cheapest on the SonyStyle website in a bundle of 5 for 45-50$.

Let's build a list of dvd players and brands of dual layer dvd discs that work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nero will not set the layer break correctly for you. For example, if you are putting Superbit DVD's on DL, the layer break will need to be added. Even if the layer break simply needs to be adjusted, Nero won't do this. Some people have had good results with Sonic RecordNow. To ensure that the software can process the layer break, you have to be sure that you back up in file mode and not ISO mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.