AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but is there a list somewhere of devices (Televisions, Projectors, AV Receivers etc...) that can be directly controlled via RF (not IR) from a remote like the Harmony 890/900/1100?

Reason I'm asking is I would like to upgrade from my Harmony One to a Harmony 900 or 1100, but am unsure wether my devices would be compatible with the RF.

I have a viewsonic pro8100 and a Sony BDV-T57 Home Theater System

Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please keep in mind that if the devices are located in different rooms, you'll need a "Blaster" (RF extender, which also sends IR signals) and possibly a "mini-blaster" (connected to the extender, sends IR signals) if the equipment is located on different shelves. They come as a kit (MSRP is $60, I believe) with one blaster and two mini-blasters (one kit is included with the 900.)

Provided your equipment is in one section of the room, you're fine with what's provided in the kit.

FYI, Fry's just had an excellent sale on the 900--$120 after MIR ($200 without, but that's still phenomenal.) I think the deal is dead (you might check your local Fry's) but you might be able to pick one up on Amazon's third-party market (or fleabay) for a significant discount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.