AVS Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Season 2 of Amazon's The Boys has subtitles in the lower letterbox bar, unfortunately.
That's weird, I had them in the frame of the picture on my TV.

Firestick 4K to Vizio M 558-G1

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have some new updates to the list, but unfortunately the new forum software does not accept ZIP file attachments anymore. I'm going to have to find another way to do this.
You could import your spreadsheet to google docs and post a link. Doing that each time you edit the spreadsheet is probably no more work than zipping it each time. And then we could all just go to the same link, not having to worry about if we have downloaded the most current spreadsheet.

Thanks for all your continued efforts on this!
Mark

Reactions: bud16415

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
That's weird, I had them in the frame of the picture on my TV.

Firestick 4K to Vizio M 558-G1
I'm watching on a Roku Premiere+. The subtitles have one line within the picture and one line below. For some reason, the text also appears in Closed Caption style black boxes.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
You could import your spreadsheet to google docs and post a link. Doing that each time you edit the spreadsheet is probably no more work than zipping it each time. And then we could all just go to the same link, not having to worry about if we have downloaded the most current spreadsheet.
Unfortunately, I do most of my editing on the spreadsheet from my work computer during the day, and my company blocks access to Google Docs and other file-sharing networks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unfortunately, I do most of my editing on the spreadsheet from my work computer during the day, and my company blocks access to Google Docs and other file-sharing networks.
Maybe email a copy of the spreadsheet to yourself, and upload it to google docs once you get home?

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Maybe email a copy of the spreadsheet to yourself, and upload it to google docs once you get home?
Our email is also monitored, so...

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
150 Posts
Take it home on a thumb drive, then upload?

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #228

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well ok. But you are allowed to post on AVS Forum? Seems like there is a solution in here somewhere...

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Well ok. But you are allowed to post on AVS Forum? Seems like there is a solution in here somewhere...
The issue is that the company doesn't want employees sending client information or proprietary data off-network without authorization, so they block most of the popular file-sharing methods and monitor email. Obviously, they can't block everything, and forums like this that are unrelated to the company's business are considered low-risk.

When AVSForum allowed me to upload Excel spreadsheets, it wasn't a problem. However, the forum's software upgrade now no longer accepts Excel attachments, only pictures or PDFs.

I'm sure there's probably a workaround out there somewhere, but if it's going to be too convoluted, it's honestly not worth my time to deal with it and PDF will have to do.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #232

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Removed Fox's Next. The early trailers were misleading. The show is standard 16:9.

Also corrected the aspect ratio for The Good Lord Bird on Showtime. The actual measured ratio is 2.20:1. (The trailers were matted further to 2.35:1.)

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
I'm finding conflicting trailers for the British series Save Me, which is carried by Starz in America. Some trailers are 2.0:1 while others are 2.35:1. Unfortunately, I no longer have Starz. Has anyone watched this?

The second season, called Save Me Too, will stream on Peacock. Trailers for that are 2.0:1.

Unless confirmed otherwise, I'm going to assume that the both seasons are 2.0:1.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I'm finding conflicting trailers for the British series Save Me, which is carried by Starz in America. Some trailers are 2.0:1 while others are 2.35:1. Unfortunately, I no longer have Starz. Has anyone watched this?

The second season, called Save Me Too, will stream on Peacock. Trailers for that are 2.0:1.

Unless confirmed otherwise, I'm going to assume that the both seasons are 2.0:1.
I was informed that season 1 of this series is already streaming on Peacock. Aspect ratio confirmed as 2.0:1.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #236

I'm told that the series is no longer on Starz and is only on Peacock now.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Very interesting thread, thanks Josh for compiling all the information.

Shouldn't it be time for the consumer electronics industry to consider 2.00:1 (18:9) as the next generation TV aspect ratio?

IMHO they are currently wasting resources with 8K resolution.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts