AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you using Vista Media Center!

My intention is to collect user's favourite plugins in one place...so please share your best plugins by listing them in this thread.

·
Registered
765 Posts
While I can't call any of these my favorite -- all have much to be desired -- I find them useful:

MyMovies (only for HD movies - DVD Library for SD)

Napster (atrocious interface, ugly and unintuitive)

Netflix plugin by Anthony Park (native MCE, quite nice)

·
Registered
5 Posts
MCEBuddy (It converts videos 3 days and older to a h.264 format saving room)

Lifextender (removes commericals)

My two favories

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
SAM's Video Browser
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/219061.aspx

I went through several front ends until I found this. The latest release is still Alpha, but it has been stable for me. I use the MyMovies collection manager to create the XML files for the movies still though.

I will use this, until MyMovies finally gets updated to properly integrate into Vista

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
DVRMS-Toolbox with ShowAnalyzer

Yougle, especially now with the addition of adult material!

MyMovies - it's really taken a dive lately but it's still a great piece of software.

I tried one of these threads a while ago, it didn't succeed, hopefully this one does because Vista has been out longer and more people are adopting it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on Lifextender vs. DVRMSToolbox for VMC? I used DVRMSToolbox on MCE and while unintuitive, it did its job.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
DVRMSToolbox is a lot more than Commercial skipping, it allows for conversion and many other things to be done with the DVR-MS file. Including, but not limited to, shrinking it divx size, shrinking down to mobile size, cutting commercials out of the file.

LifeExtender cuts your file to extend the life of your Hard drive (which I am guessing that is why they called it that) and does the commercial cutting and you have no original left intact if there was an error in commercial cutting.

That's the most educated I am about LifeExtender.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw /forum/post/13964273

Does anyone have an opinion on Extender vs. DVRMSToolbox for MC? I used DVRMSToolbox on MACE and while unintuitive, it did its job.

Since I was only interested in commercial deletions I've only used Lifextender. While it comes with Comskip I found integrating with ShowAnanyzer made the process faster.

I'm also regularly us the WebGuide Sidebar gadget to schedule recordings.

·
Registered
537 Posts
you should update the first post with everyone's input and possibly links to where one could find them? if needed I can host the files on my ftp?

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatnode /forum/post/15962271

Check out http://secondrun.tv/ . Simple full screen access to Hulu and just about every other online video site out there.

It completely trounces Yougle which I've now uninstalled.

once it get closer to being out of beta maybe. right now i find it waaaay to buggy to use consistently. but yeah its going to a really good. i would pay for it.

my add-ons are

mce menu mender (for reorganizing the MCE menu)

vmcNetflix (i like this better than the Anthony Park addon)

secondruntv (see above)

MyMovies (im a sucker for a nice interface with lots of cool info)

MyWeather (nice and quick access to local weather)

utorrent (for RSS feeds)

dvrmstoolbox (for conversions)

·
Registered
229 Posts

For all those waiting for My Movies to go MCML, don't. Install Media Browser and you'll never look back. Beautiful interface. Love the cover flow and backdrops on the details page. This is hands down my favorite plugin.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts