AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this, but here goes.

I have become accustomed to listening to music through my computer. I have powered speakers with RCA connections that run through a mixer and splitter and connect to my computer via USB. For my main audio, I just bought a new RAD integrated amp and that connects to my computer via a DAC connection to USB. Previously, I had an optical connection from my main system. I'm accustomed to listening to both sets of speakers at the same time. With 2 USB connections, I can't do that. My question concerns how I can now do listen to both sets of speakers simultaneously.

I was told the AirPort Express would be my solution. But it doesn't have enough ethernet ports (it has 2). The next one up, the AirPort Extreme, doesn't have an audio connection.

Perhaps another router would suffice. However, I don't know much about this stuff. I'm using the router supplied by Verizon FIOS, Actiontec. Can someone offer advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
can you use a USB hub?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Does your integrated amp have pre-outs? If it does I would just run the monitors off of them.

Otherwise maybe it has a line out that you can run to the mixer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.