AVS Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 4715 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms, 5.1 SACD (Sony). Been listening to this a fair amount the last couple days, both in two-channel and multi. Really been enjoying the Grammy winning multi-channel. Didn't find the multi-channel mix all that exciting when I first heard it, can't imagine why now. :)
Also, been shaking my head at how long it's been since this 20th Anniversary Edition came out. Time does pass.
Morgan

·
Registered
682 Posts
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors, 96/24 MLP DVD-A. Taking the time for another awesome multi-channel remix before getting back to hacking back the jungle. :) I've always been really impressed at how well handled the more trebly bits are on both the mixes of this album. No doubt starting with how they were recorded in the first place. Very enjoyable when done right (as it is here) but can be painful when done wrong, which is all too often.
Morgan

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors, 96/24 MLP DVD-A. Taking the time for another awesome multi-channel remix before getting back to hacking back the jungle. :) I've always been really impressed at how well handled the more trebly bits are on both the mixes of this album. No doubt starting with how they were recorded in the first place. Very enjoyable when done right (as it is here) but can be painful when done wrong, which is all too often.
Morgan
Great sound mix and album.

Another great 1 is the DVD and SACD of Alison Krauss and Union Station Live which both are also a sonic treat.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
DTS 96/24 :cool::D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Another great 1 is the DVD and SACD of Alison Krauss and Union Station Live which both are also a sonic treat.
Love this! Also her "A Hundred Miles or More" (Live from the Tracking Room) Blu-ray is great also.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
DVD or Blu Ray? Can't find a Blu Ray version. Thx
Haha good question! My receiver identifies it as a Blu-ray but there is no telling what it is on the sleeve or the disk itself. :confused: Definitely a surround mix though.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Johannes Moser, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, Andrew Manze - Elgar & Tchaikovsky, 5.0 SACD (Pentatone). Been enjoying this on occasion over the last couple weeks. Pulled it out after rediscovering Moser's versions of Dvorak's and Lalo's Cello Concertos a few weeks ago. This one has Elgar's Cello Concerto and a few Cello friendly pieces from Tchaikovsky. Elgar's Cello Concerto was apparently considered near unplayable when composed but Moser definitely doesn't give any indication he has anything but complete mastery of it. His amazing tone and the delicious bite of his bow on the strings are again on full display. The Tchaikovsky pieces are quite fun with plenty of opportunities for displays of virtuosity.
-13 seems to be the most satisfying volume for this very dynamic recording with the loud portions not being over-bearing and the quiet still impactful. The surround mix is also more immersive than is often the case with Classical music. The surrounds do play a supporting role, but they provide quite a bit of support, especially on the louder, more full-bodied parts where they add a significant amount of substance.
Morgan

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
PinkFloyd DSOTM SACD 5.1........ multi ch input. Pioneer DV610 ->(HDMI)-> Denon x4300. Audyssey XT32 (Reference) DynamicEQ[ON]
***Original mix to much side surround****
***Main LCR too low volume***
***Lowered the LFE too***
Sounds perfect now, once adjusted

******My room is set up for 7.1.4 so not a perfect for 5.1 (i would prefer the sides back behind me a few feet as side/rear are in a 5.1 system)*****

Hold on:MultiCh Input+DolbySurround or
MultiCh Input+Neural:X

OMG HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The Alan Parsons Project ‎– Ammonia Avenue - 5.1 LPCM 24bit/96kHz

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just picked this up myself, sounds good and fun to listen to.
I'm lovin it.
Yep, it's awesome.

Seeing your avatar, Pink Floyd The Later Years - A Momentary Lapse of Reason is on deck tonight.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
LOS LONELY BOYS

(DVD: Side 2; Album DD 5.1 / Videos Stereo)
What did you think of this? I love the Los Lonely Boys and this album is an all-time favorite, but remember this surround mix as being pretty bad, as in double stereo.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
What did you think of this? I love the Los Lonely Boys and this album is an all-time favorite, but remember this surround mix as being pretty bad, as in double stereo.
Yeah, one of my favorites too :) It sounded okay but not as good as some of the surround mixes we've seen posted here. I did like it a bit better than the stereo version. I was a bit bummed when I started to watch the first video, Heaven and found out it was in stereo! That was the first song I heard by them and it's my favorite.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Dts 96/24

Attachments

Reactions: RagtopFE
4641 - 4660 of 4715 Posts