AVS Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 4907 Posts

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,012 Posts
Inspired by ti-triodes. Very interesting and fun. Not sure I'll listen to it a 2nd time, but well worth it.

Reactions: ti-triodes

·
Registered
57 Posts
NICK MASON'S
SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS
LIVE AT THE ROUNDHOUSE
(Blu-ray: DD 5.1)
View attachment 3040213
The musicians that Nick chose to perform this with did a brilliant job to my ear.managed to be vocally similar to the original work in my opinion.(I did sip my first spiced rum as I closed the disc tray and pressed play tho.was well on my way by the time it ended)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The Pineapple Thief: Versions Of The Truth (Blu Ray 5.1)

What a fantastic album. As I've come to expect from Bruce Soord, the alternative versions are so different, it's like getting two albums for the price of one. The surround mix on the alternate songs is among the best there is, jaw dropping good.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Genesis

A Trick Of The Tail

DVD

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
That album can be viewed as really funny. It came at the height of the "art rock" era and a lot of it is very pretentious. The narration is done by down at the heels Richard Burton fresh off of Exorcist II The Heretic. It's kind of unintentionally goofy like Alan Parsons and Rick Wakeman. It doesn't approach Olias of Sunhillow levels of stupidity, but it is an interesting time capsule to an era when rock was going through a Dunning-Kruger phase. Someone should put together a box set of dumb concept albums.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Johannes Moser, Andrew Manze, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande - Elgar & Tchaikovsky, 5.0 SACD (Pentatone). Posted about this when I rediscovered it in my collection a few months ago and have enjoyed it many times since then. Superb performances from Cellist Moser and the Orchestra, excellent, revealing recording and master, and a fabulous, as if you are at the Conductor's podium, immersive surround mix. Why can't they all be like this? :)
Morgan

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
4861 - 4880 of 4907 Posts