AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished adding my Sony Vaio PC to my living room HT this weekend.

Airboard.

This is a very nice piece of equipment for $50. I didn't expect much for this kind of $, I just wanted it to work. The keys have a good feel, the unit is compact like I wanted, it appears to be very reliable, and my IR range is very strong. I sit about 8ft away from the IR receiver and direction is NOT an issue. I also connected the PS2 mouse from the airboard (didn't plan on it) and it works fine - no conflicts w/ Logitech mouse (USB connection). I did NOT load the Airboard drivers & I don't plan on doing so. One quirk: when PC is powered up, Caps Lock is on by default - minor annoyance. 2 thumbs up, easy. I bought it from Digital Connection (very professional when taking my phone order - thumbs up for them as well), nobody else sells this thing? This company needs to hire a better distributor - this thing should be selling from every CompUSA - it's great.

Mouse.

This mouse is very smooth and it likes my leather couch. I was wondering about getting a mouse pad anyway. Are there any out there with white backings? The mouse is also very reliable, very few hiccups (mostly due to seams in my sofa), and I'd say you get 95% performance of a wired mouse. This is my first mouse with a "scroll" button (yes, I'm old school) so I haven't really used it yet, and it has a 4th button (?) for your thumb (if you're a rightie). I bought it from Buy.com. They have good to very good prices and they ship within a day, even when you go cheap ground.

Mucho thanks to all you AVS members for all your reviews, postings, advice and info. Both purchases are due to your help.

Rich B.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have this mouse, and one annoying thing about it, is that it is possible to toggle a wheelmouse scroll without actually letting it go one "click".

If you have this mouse, try it out; try to scroll the wheel without letting it "click".

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a little update. I installed everything over the weekend, but last night, I gave these new toys some serious breaking in.

Airboard.

I didn't feel like using the airboard + logitech, so I just used the airboard for a while. The joystick mouse is very handy for light/quick use. Another bonus: some of the "extra" keys on the top of the airboard work *sans* drivers. The 'www' button launches your default internet browser (and takes you to your homepage). The volume buttons (up, down & mute) also work and are very handy for listening to music while you surf.

Logitech.

I feel like such a boob for not trying this mouse sooner. After getting used to using all 4 buttons on this mouse, I don't think I can go back. Standard Right & Left click buttons, scrolling up & down button (nice), and 4th (thumb) key programmed as a "back" internet step make surfing almost too easy. :)

Pivot:

I tried to duplicate what you describe and I couldn't do it. My mouse won't scroll unless it clicks. There is a scroll speed adjustment in the Logitech Menu. I am using the default setting.

Rich B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.