AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my Lite-On wireless keyboard (SK7100) on my older ASUS MB without a problem - just plugged into the PS2 keyboard & mouse connections and everything worked fine (using Win2K).

I finally got around to getting my ASUS TUSL2 MB (for my HTPC build) and it works great except for one thing: When I plug in the lite-on keyboard's mouse connector into the PS2 port, the mouse doesn't work at all (Didn't work during the install of XP, doesn't work with XP booted). Plugging in a standard PS2 mouse works perfectly, so I know the PS2 port is alive. If I plug the lite-on's mouse into the serial port, it works fine. I really hate taking up a serial port connection for a mouse, so if anyone has any suggestions about how to fix this problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - The MB is running the latest BIOS. I've tried it with PS2 setting in both AUTO and Active (or whatever it says) mode - no luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same problem with a Compaq keyboard with built-in trackball. Keyboard/trackball works on all my other systems, including an old ASUS P5A. TUSL2 doesn't see the mouse regardless of OS. I have removable drives running W2K Pro, W2K Advanced Server, and WME. I want to use this KB to fit between the rails of my equipment rack, but I've had to go with an external trackball to satisfy the ASUS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think it's just the Asus boards that have this problem. A while back, after receiving my Silitek Airboard, I asked about the inoperable PS2 mouse connector. It seems people had problems using the PS2 connector on several brands of motherboards. At the time, the airboard also had a serial connector, which solved their problems. My airboard, however, only has the PS2 mouse connector. So, I am without the pointing function of my airboard.

See this thread.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, the problem was if I set the FSB over 100 the mouse stick stop working I just use the serial connection, I also found that a PS/2 to USB work as well.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
If I use the Airboard serial mouse under XP on my CUSL2, it sends out a random stream of interrupts at a high rate, which eats up about %40 of the CPU when its just sitting still. So I can't use mine, even with the serial connection. The keyboard works fine. But I have to use a wired mouse, which is kind of a PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.