AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this only affects a very small amount of people, but it seems like when you have too much saved data, LBP starts randomly erasing stuff. At least that's the theory. If you guys have a ton of saved content, back it up onto a flash drive until they fix the bug.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/30/...our-save-data/

Quote:
Some users are reporting a terrible glitch in LittleBigPlanet which affects the game's save data. According to this forum post, random things will go missing from one's save. For example, progress in the MGS4 level pack may disappear. "I've completed all five acts, and when I turned off the power and played again, all that was unlocked was Act 1-3. However, my scores from Act 4 and 5 were still in place-- it's just that I need to unlock them all over again as well as collect the prize bubbles," says SuperPhillip.

The more frightening consequence of this bug is the deletion of user-created content. "I lost four costumes and she lost all 12 of her saved costumes, as well as losing the level status. Also we found that all of our community and saved photos were erased too," says justsayno2girls. Some are theorizing that the glitch is caused by bloated profile data. Since the release of the game, players have collected tons of objects from community members. The MGS pack also adds a large amount of data to one's profile. The game may be automatically deleting content when a profile gets too large.

Considering its the holiday season right now, Media Molecule hasn't offered an update on the situation, but we're certain they'll work on a patch in the coming weeks. However, we'd recommend that users avoid creating new levels for now -- we wouldn't want anyone to lose a level they worked on.

· Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche 911 /forum/post/15416156

.... Until you get to the level with the giant wheel you have to go through..........stuck

Are you talking about the final stages of the game? That wheel pissed me off.

I'm on a 2 month hiatus from LBP, because I can't Ace the final 3 stages (after Bunker) of the game.

· Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
For example, progress in the MGS4 level pack may disappear. "I've completed all five acts, and when I turned off the power and played again, all that was unlocked was Act 1-3. However, my scores from Act 4 and 5 were still in place-- it's just that I need to unlock them all over again as well as collect the prize bubbles," says SuperPhillip.

Umm, is it just me or does this "glitch" sound more like the person shut off his/her machine before the game finished saving.

I have found that the saving icon (that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen) sticks around for a long time in LBP. I have gone back to the pod and had to wait a while for the icon to disappear. Then and only then do I shut down my game. So my thought is they turned it off when they shouldn't have and corrupted the save.

JD

· Registered
245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky /forum/post/15416243

Are you talking about the final stages of the game? That wheel pissed me off.

I'm on a 2 month hiatus from LBP, because I can't Ace the final 3 stages (after Bunker) of the game.

Yeah... I forget the name of the stage. It has all that electrical stuff, that if you touch it, you fry and pop.
I'll play it like three times, get frustrated, and instead of throwing the remote through my LCD, I turn it off.

Any hints on that last stage with the wheel would be great. I get all the way to the bottom portion of the big wheel and then try to jump on the platforms, over the electrical thingy's, but it's hard to time the jumps. I also tried getting to the topside of the wheel, running underneath the platforms and electrical things, but then get pushed back around by the wall, fall and zap myself anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.