AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get one for my son to play PS3 on. Which would be better Optoma HD65(450) or Viewsonic PJ551(300) or Toshiba TDP-T45(350 with pull down screen) I honestly have no idea.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGeek15 /forum/post/19624824

I am looking to get one for my son to play PS3 on. Which would be better Optoma HD65(450) or Viewsonic PJ551(300) or Toshiba TDP-T45(350 with pull down screen) I honestly have no idea.

HD65 is the only one you have listed that is 720p, the others are business projector with 1024x768 4:3 displays. For game playing and any other type of video he is going to want full 720P at the minimum.

Personally I would make him get a job and buy his own electronics! There is no substitute for learning the value of a Dollar the hard way..

Sorry, I grew up in a different time with a different ways of thinking... oh and poor parents probably didn't help matters either

Looks like your boy is going to have a good Christmas!

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Ah come on.. he can get a job with tech support someplace! I am sure he is just as qualified as the people they have in those positions and will work for less!

Enjoy your new toy, but don't forget to share!

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/19625311

Ah come on.. he can get a job with tech support someplace! I am sure he is just as qualified as the people they have in those positions and will work for less!

I agree...stick him out in the field with a plow darn it! My 2 year old works at a local dive restaurant in the back...never can start them too early.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just ordered a hd65 , will be here next week. I researched for awhile and enen though it is a couple years old , looked like the best available for $500. i'll let you know how it goes, doing a diy screen. bought it for ps3,xbox 360 , and hd cable . where are you from? im in greenville, if scgeek means south carolina

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/19625311

LOL, my son is three and I'm getting him a Hauppage HD DVR & a mono-flip video camcorder so he can start recording walk-throughs of the games he plays on XBL and PS3... :sigh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.