AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a projector to do the following: 1. play games on my pc 2. watch HDTV 3. Watch movies

I have a 47" LCD in my living room so this projector would go in my office (13'x17') for now.

Because i am going to use it to play games on my pc first are there different features i need to look for ie not 1024x720 but 1024x768?

The models i am looking at include optoma hd70 + hd 65, mitsu 1500 or 1600.

price is important. Id like to be in the 600-800$ range. Used or refurb doesnt really bother me. I am guessing 720p is the way to go?

thanks

Kevin

Yes, I am a diehard Redskins fan and yes, I realize they aren't very good, at least we're not the Lions

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Of the models you listed, look for the best deal for a NEW model. At this end of the market, buying a used PJ might save you a few dollars but unless the used PJ has low hours on it, you will probably run into a problem sooner than you want.

Also consider the Sharp DT-510, Panasonic AX200u, and the Epson HC720.

I thought the Burgandy and Gold played pretty well this year considering they learned a new offense from a new coach. Zorn will need another year before it can be determined if it's him or Campbell that has the limitation.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
A new sharp DT-510 fits your budget too so let me reiterate that model for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the 510 for decent money. Does anyone have this model? I havent found too many reviews on it. There is a nice deal going for the mitsu 1600 but ive heard some negative thing due to the color wheel only having 2 somethings. The deal with the hc1600 is 100 mail in and a free bulb. I guess my question would be, is the 510 that much better than the 1600?

I think Zorn needs to open the offense a bit but if Campbell falters on '09, i think hes done in DC. Kind of a double edge sword. Portis may have 2 good years in the tank may be time to think about another younger RB.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mitsu 1600 comes with a free bulb and is $100 cheaper than the sharp510. My question is, is the 510 that much better or worth the $$$? If you had to pick which one would you get?

thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
The HC1600 will be brighter and therefore need more tweaking and possibly a gray screen to help get the contrast and black levels the DT-510 will give you right out of the box. The 2X wheel speed doesn't seem to be the problem that older PJs with the 2X spped used to be. I would recheck the HC1600 threads and see what the RBE consensus is.

However, if the HC1600 offer makes you feel better then don't worry about what could have been. Get it and get that PJ up and start enjoying the truly big screen life!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.