AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s my situation. I have a PC that I would like to connect to my Panny 47WX49. My PC consists of: P4 1.6, 512 RAM, ATi 7500 video card, latest version of Power Strip. My PC is connected to an Audio Authority VGA to Component adaptor, which is connected to my RPTV. I can’t get any resolution to work. No matter what I try the picture is scrambled. I’ve been working on this for days now. I’ve switched video cards from a Gefrorce3 to the 7500. I tried custom resolutions from this forum. I can get almost any resolution to work on my computer monitor, and then when I switch to my Panny the picture is out of sync (no vertical or horizontal). What am I’m doing wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem EXCEPT I can get 960x540 to work. I have the All-In-Wonder Radeon 7075 Drivers and Powerstrip Version 3. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Devin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not sure which resolutions your HDTVs support, but my Sony KP57HW40 does 480p and 1080i, and it took a bit of work to get anything to work also. I was mainly interested in 1440x960i for playing DVDs, and I found that I had to keep the vertical refresh close to 30Hz(60 Hz for progressive) in Powerstrip for the TV to lock on. 33 Hz wouldn't work at all. Also, at first I was getting a split virtual desktop which was scrollable, I read that I needed to set the adapter refresh rate in Windows to 'optimal' to get this to go away. Once I took care of these two issues, I had a desktop on the screen. BTW, I'm using the AA trancoder also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I might mention also that I'm using the original Radeon 32MB SDR PCI card w/the 7093 drivers in Win98SE to get the interlaced resolution. If you're using a 7500 with later drivers, or WinXP, you may have to stick to progressive resolutions like 540p (or 720p if you're fortunate enough to have that supported by your TV).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like I stated earlier I can get my TV to display 960x540p but only when I set the Hor. Refresh to 33.779 and the Vert. Refresh Rate to 59.786. I am using the ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon (Original. Non 8500) with the AA Transcoder and Powerstrip 3. I am really perplexed as to why only this resolution will work. I plan on doing more work on it tonight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Devin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.