AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm really new to all this stuff and I had a few questions if somone would be so kind to answer them. I am in the market for a new HDTV for movies, XBOX 360 and maybe cable. My biggest questiong is, what makes LCD TV's differ in price so greatly. I mean, if the have the same pixel rating, response time and size, why can there be such a large price difference. I.E. 32" Westinghouse/Olevia or a 32"Panny/Sony/Samsung. Shouldn't the picture be fairly close to the same if they have very similare specs? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hi ,

I can`t answer your question completly , but , I did try the new Toshiba 32HL95 /HD-LCD and it really wasn`t that bad.

SD looked fine , however the sound was another deal , the sound was B.A.D. :(

It had all the inputs ( S / Compsite /2 Component / HDMI / CC / & PC with audio + program out) and TV Guide on-screen. Another plus was the full sceen freeze that was "rock solid".

I just couldn`t get past the bad sound and for an LCD it had a very bad viewing angle , it was almost like a projection tv :eek:

Best of all was the price

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlaht
Hi! I'm really new to all this stuff and I had a few questions if somone would be so kind to answer them. I am in the market for a new HDTV for movies, XBOX 360 and maybe cable. My biggest questiong is, what makes LCD TV's differ in price so greatly. I mean, if the have the same pixel rating, response time and size, why can there be such a large price difference. I.E. 32" Westinghouse/Olevia or a 32"Panny/Sony/Samsung. Shouldn't the picture be fairly close to the same if they have very similare specs? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :)
Hmm..Marketing..QA..Brand name recognition.. features. Cost of making LCD glass etc.. You will see a difference between a Budget 1,200 dollar 32inch LCD & a 2,200 32inch LCD.. Usually the budget panels skimp on the features/Inputs & seem to have more problems then the established brand name items..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.