AVS Forum banner

12941 - 12960 of 13010 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you somewhere far away or something? I haven't ever seen you post where you are from. Maybe I missed it.
Yes, I am far away... this is AlienAntenna.
I was referencing my reception anomalies through time and space.
For context: I am having trouble only with Channel 11 (VHF-12) but
Channel 2 (VHS-7) is okay.
I am thinking of building an Hi-VHS antenna and combining with current antenna.
a Televes LR mix .....

....OR, first try FM filter and other frequency filters. I say that because I lose VHF-12 weirdly. It comes and goes. Exact antenna direction seems irrelevant. One TV will receive but not the other, sometimes. Like it is being blocked electronically.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
AlienAntenna - Sounds like multipath. Hard to tell without knowing where your receive location is at.

I also had issues with channel 11, and I can see the tower from the top of mine. Seems stable now.
The Shackleford crap comes and goes.

I should be getting my HDHomeRun ATSC 3.0 tuner shortly. Hopefully that will clear up some of the crap.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Wow, looking at those graphs, they are all over the place. Wonder if they have water in their hardline?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm wondering what else might be going on. All the channels I got fairly well in the past have dropped in strength by quite a bit over the past few days. I thought maybe the antenna got moved, but that wasn't it. Maybe it could be the weather. Dunno.

I guess they are still coming in good, so signal strength being low isn't affecting much.....for now. :)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
One thing, its been dry all summer. Between the two hurricanes, we got over 5" of rain, which would go up the trees into the leaves. Im not sure exactly how much attenuation going through a forest of trees causes on UHF, but might cause a little change. I noted Alien antenna found some tropo. I havent received 5 from Memphis since the change over when they accidentally shot their whole NTSC power into the digital signal for about an hour. They were solid copy here at 100KW. When they cut it to 34KW, I havent seen them since.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tropo report:
I was watching the Waltons on WLMT Memphis this morning (100 miles)
Also got WFXW Greenville Mississippi.with picture and sound .... at 200 miles.

VHF12 has been missing a week or so

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are gone... now:
KWMO Hot Springs... with 4 bars. That ranks with the best I can get here. Four bars is as good as my best stations, (ABC, NBC)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Tropo is common in the mornings and late evenings every spring and fall. I can watch Texarkana every night here in NLR.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
They will reflect signals for short bursts, but not long enough to lock a picture usually.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Just got my HDHomeRun QUATTRO 4K ATSC3.0 box. Did a scan, and no channel 7. Checked my other boxes, no channel 7. PBS off the air, or did the wind kill my antenna pointing south?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Thanks. Got it back at 100%. Never get KASN since they moved off 39 to 34, for some reason, but never watch anything on it anyway. Now that I have a second HDHR, I might use the 2 tuner one with a dedicated antenna pointed south that isnt combined with the west antennas on the tower.

Reactions: julesism

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am slowly moving in that direction...
I would like two things : recording with only enough memory to pause a show, like "instant replay".
And, an additional tuner. I am using only the built in tuner, and I wonder if updated tuner will help reception.

DavienLR (or anyone) do you have old equipment to sell? Any advice?
Computer program on PC, or stand alone box?

12941 - 12960 of 13010 Posts