AVS Forum banner

12961 - 12980 of 13010 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I dont have anything to sell, but if you want a DVR for your antenna, the easy way is to buy an HDHomeRun tuner (2 or 4 tuner model) which plugs directly into your router, and then allows you to watch on any smart TV on your network, or on your tablet or cell phone. To DVR, either sub to their DVR service or buy PLEX server and put it on a computer on your network that is always on. Not only does PLEX do local, but also serves up all your movies, and lots of stuff from the internet as well.
Some TCL TV's allow you to pause and restart live TV by using a thumb drive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
KTHV 11 has been awful for me in Park Hill again except for early this morning:
It's also out at my folks place in Grace Village this evening:
Lawson is not having any issues:

I guess I am going to try and reach out to someone at THV 11...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Must be fixed, I am showing 100% on all metrics at this time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welp... after a week of no KTHV, I got on my roof yesterday. I had my VHF antenna mounted upside down so the coax ports were facing up. I flipped it over and water dripped out. I mounted it with the ports facing down. KTHV is back to normal for me.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Welp... after a week of no KTHV, I got on my roof yesterday. I had my VHF antenna mounted upside down so the coax ports were facing up. I flipped it over and water dripped out. I mounted it with the ports facing down. KTHV is back to normal for me.
Im sorry, but that had me laughing. It is exactly like something I would do. Glad its fixed.

Reactions: julesism

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
DirecTv and Uverse have dropped Tegna owned KTHV 11 from their lineup due to Tegna wanting a near 100% increase in carriage fees.
Anyone around Pulaski county that needs an antenna installed to pick up channel 11 for free, let me know.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Working here

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Reactions: julesism

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Might be running on low power. Some stations do that if they are in a carriage dispute to keep people from getting them OTA. Or they just might be having issues. They are 98%/100%/100% here on my stuff.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Some stations do that if they are in a carriage dispute to keep people from getting them OTA.
ANY station doing that would be subject to numerous fines by the FCC. If you're at reduced power you MUST have a valid technical reason and if it lasts more than a certain period you must notify the FCC by either filing for a STA or a reduced power notification. And no, reducing power to get an advantage in retrans disputes is NOT a valid reason.

If it fixes itself tomorrow, we know why.
Nexstar's dispute with Dish was resolved last week and the channels were restored to Dish by Christmas morning. According to the live bandscans Trip linked to, KARK's problems started on the 28th.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
13 hours ago
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – KARK-TV is continuing to broadcast its over the air signal at a reduced power level as crews work to repair a transmitter issue that started last week. Engineers are working on the repairs after delays due to weather.

While they are hopeful the repairs can be completed quickly, there is not a current timeline for when the signal will be fully restored.

12961 - 12980 of 13010 Posts