AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it interesting that quite a few live-action movies had animated opening. The only titles that I remember are

"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" and "Honey, I blew up the kid."

Please list the rest of them that I have not listed (because I either have not seen them or do not remember their titles).

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
It was a lot more common in the 60's... the most obvious examples are the Pink Panther movies of course. I think Ruthless People had an animated opening; can't think of anything more recent offhand...

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The Parent Trap

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Better off dead.

·
Registered
728 Posts
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" had a great Ronald Searle title animation. He also did the tile for "Monte Carlo Or Bust", (Usually uncredited), and the titles for the "St. Trinian's" series.

(Searle spent much of WWII in Japanese prison camps; when finally released he weighed 84 lbs. Throughout the war years he continued drawing, even after periods of torture.)

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Manaus
"The Day the Earth Stood Still", not the movie the jerk playing with the moo cow device telling us we were about to watch a THX approved film.:moo:
You mean the Tex 2 Thx trailer. What does that have to do with an animated opening for a movie?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Freeway

It may have been just cartoon-like still frames, I haven't seen this one in a while.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by deeann
Fred, wasn't Ruthless People animated by Sally Cruikshank? I loved her stuff.
Wow, that's right-- haven't heard that name in a while! Time for an imdb search to see what she's been up to.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kram Sacul
You mean the Tex 2 Thx trailer. What does that have to do with an animated opening for a movie?

kram ol buddy this trailer is not pulled behind your car or truck,it in the front of the movie.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You've Got Mail

The animated opening sequence also makes a nice transition into the live action.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How 'bout Polanski's "The Fearless Vampire Killers." Actually, I think the US and European releases each had different animated openings! I really love the US version which features a take-off of the MGM lion. The animation and spooky music are seriously memorable. DVD please!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.