AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Live Color Creation worth the extra cash that the XBR9's cost over the Z series? I've read through threads endlessly, and I know that the two have different back-light techniques (WCG-CCFL vs. CCFL) but I'm not sure if I'll even use this. The reason is I like the most realistic picture possible, and a lot of times the extra gimmicks like wide color and what not are too artificial and processed looking. If I want a movie or show I'm watching to look as natural and realistic as possible, should I dive into the XBR9 world? I have a now ancient Samsung LN-S2651D, so either of these panels would be a huge upgrade, but since they are identical internally for the most part, I'm hung up on what to go with.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I find, at least on the xbr4, that the live color menu option oversaturates reds and greens, and looks too artificial for my taste. Plus with the option engaged, measured color gamut is way off usng a meter. If you're looking for realism, it's likely you'll leave this option off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.