AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble using the win2000 drivers I downloaded from the creative site.

As soon as I start up I get a boot error and I cant even get in to windows. I have to start in safe mode and change the downloaded "sblive(WDM)" drivers to the "sblive basic(WDM)". If anyone knows how to get around this problem the help would be greatly appreciated since I'd lke to use the better drivers if possible.

Thanks..

Martin

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Martin:

___I have not been to my main HTPC in over a week so I am shooting from the hip a bit. I saw this problem quite some time ago on a Windows 2000 build myself and the way I cured it was to remove all the other cards but video and install the Creative Live Value II card and the Live Ware 3.0 driver/application package as usual. After installation, I killed off all the Live Ware 3.0 garbage and started installing the rest of the cards as I normally would have. You can also try to install the Live card in anther slot as well but Windows 2000 loves to share everything on the same irq. Killing off the ACPI functions will allow everything to move to separate irq’s per the design of the chipset.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

[This message has been edited by xcel (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try these (unofficial) drivers: "SBLive 5.12.01.3209 WDM Driver". No direct link; go to http://www.ntcompatible.com and search "5.12.01.3209". These were posted April 18, 2001. (These are for SBLive 5.0 & show a date of 9/15/2000 in Device Manager). The SBLive 5.1 require different drivers; new official ones were released by Creative in mid-April.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.