AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how long this link will last. I just got this link in Email warning me to "update my account". It takes you to a site that looks like Ebay but isn't so they can steal your user ID. Most of you guys have heard/seen this one before.

Let's give these jerks some (phony) passwords. I think it would be good if we make then look real so they get to waste some time trying them - if you just type in an obscene user id and password they'll know it's someone that's on to them and ignore them.

http://www4.ehard.co.kr/ebayupdate.cgi/LOGIN.HTM

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since we are off topic, could someone remind me of the cable supplier many members use for *bulk* cable. NOT, Part Express, can't remeber their name.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
This is hilarious,

They are asking for everything. I'm surprised they didn't ask where I hide the silverware.

-Mr. Wigggles

Ps. I hide my silverware in a watertight ziplock bag in the toilet of coarse.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWigggles
This is hilarious,

They are asking for everything. I'm surprised they didn't ask where I hide the silverware.

-Mr. Wigggles

Ps. I hide my silverware in a watertight ziplock bag in the toilet ofcoarse.
LOL, I just paid attention to that second page!

I'll bet it cost them a hundred bucks (if anything) to send that E-mail out to a few million people. That link will probably go down in a few hours and by that time I'll bet you they'll have enough peopls info to make a few hundred thousand off the scam - maybe more.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
Since we are off topic, could someone remind me of the cable supplier many members use for *bulk* cable. NOT, Part Express, can't remeber their name.
Markertek?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
They tried that one on me a while back. Best thing to do is forward the email to EBay Security.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I signed in as:

username: yourmamablows

password: something very obscene about their mama!

:D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
LOL, I just paid attention to that second page!

I'll bet it cost them a hundred bucks (if anything) to send that E-mail out to a few million people. That link will probably go down in a few hours and by that time I'll bet you they'll have enough peopls info to make a few hundred thousand off the scam - maybe more.
Sadly, that link probably won't go down any time soon. These "phisher" sites (mis-typed "****es" accidentally, although it fits them well) usually come from Korea or China. Ebay might be good, but are they good enough to shut down a site in Korea or China? Well, it'll be harder than shutting one down in the U.S., which would probably just be a phone call.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Your information submited successful

Your submited information will be verified by eBay Accounts Management Departament in 24 hours.

I couldn't remember the password I used on the first page so I made it up again on the second page. Oh well. Maybe they aren't smart enough to check to see if they match.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ

bluejeancables.com

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
Home depot?

Lowe's?

Safeway? :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've passed the address onto some 'friends' in the network department who are much more savvey when it comes to wearing a black hat.

I suggest you all do the same; there's strength in numbers.

Unleash hell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.