AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, that was 100 minutes of fun. Great picture, great sound. The attack scene nearly brought the roof down. My wife and mother-in-law were two floors up and thought the house was being bombed. I sure wish I had had the ability to record that one. Great work HBO.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great show. Was afraid HBO might put their slant on it but it was pretty

straight forward. Great picture and sound.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It was so good that I wanted it to keep going as it ended. I watched all the credits because I did not want to leave the emotional atmosphere is created.

After 45 minutes I am still emotionally up and thinking about it.

What a great show!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Excellent movie!

I could not leave my seat once it started, even though I was dying of thirst, I just did not want to miss anything. By far one of the best movies if not THE best movie HBO has done.

For some additional reading, take a look at the artist interviews here http://www.hbo.com/films/livefrombag...eat_main_title it is very interesting.

Glenn

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Truly excellent.. very enjoyable!!!

My extended family visiting, loved it; this and the football on cbs tonight was a nice way to show them what hd can be all about..

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Dang, now I'm going to have to watch it. I figured it would just be wham bam, bomb me, mam jingoistic action fluff.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agreed.... very good movie. Michael Keaton was great, as was the guy who played Peter Arnett. Excellent PQ, also!

·
Registered
40 Posts
jin•go•ism n. 1. Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

jin'go•ist n.

jin'go•is'tic adj.

jin'go•is'ti•cal•ly adv.

Learned a word today...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree. Except for them dragging out that false propaganda about the incubators, it was a very well produced film.

The anti-aircraft fire scenes were an amazing experience.

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
The sound production was one of the best HBO has done yet. I'm glad I had my new subwoofer speakers done and had to crank back my 1KW Butt kicker as it was really bouncing me out of my seat during the bombing. Got a nice recording of it and watched it a second time.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i cut it off 45 minutes into it because of shear boredom. maybe i bolted too early and the action was good. i'll catch the rest another night.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
John,

Come on. This is HBO. I'm sure it will be on another 10 or 20 times this month :p

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Tue 12/10 09:00 PM HBO High Definition - EAST

Sun 12/15 09:00 PM HBO High Definition - EAST

Wed 12/18 08:00 PM HBO High Definition - EAST

Thu 12/19 04:35 AM HBO High Definition - EAST

Mon 12/23 11:15 PM HBO High Definition - EAST

Sat 12/28 12:30 AM HBO High Definition - EAST

All times EST.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Of course you might recognize the man who played Perter Arnett as D-Day, from one of the greatest movies of all time Animal House.:D

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Saw this last night and loved it. KEaton was great as the lead role. Very enjoyable and was nice to go back and reflect on the war. I did have a hard time with Peter Arnett being that charismatic and energenic in this movie and then turning on HDNet World Report to see him so relaxed and calm.

Other than that a very enjoyable movie.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.