AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly specfic question here, even if you can't answer the whole thing,

any direction or advice or suggestions are welcome!

Here is the situation:

* I have a celeron 800 hooked up to an SVGA (800x600) DLP projector.

* On the same 100baseT network, I have a Pentium 4-3.0 with an ATI HDTV Wonder.

I would like to get 800x600 letterboxed video live (

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Closest you could do is to capture it to .ts format on one machine that uses open file locks on the captured file, and then use a hardware-based player like the MyHD on the Celeron for playback. No conversion required, you just have to live with the MyHD interface and have a stable network connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Madpoet. In that case I would likely just shell out for a socket A sempron/motherboard/RAM at about the same price as the MyHD.

I've been thinking some more. If there is a program that will record, say, 1-minute TS clips, and a viewer that will seamlessly play 1-minute AVI's in series (and play/enqueue the new files as they are written), then I can probably use some convoluted AVISynth processing to fill in the middle.

So, does anyone know how to save a series of live 1-minute TS files from an HDTV wonder, and does anyone know of a way to seamlessly play a series of 1-minute AVI's, automatically enqueuing new files as they are added?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW, I was able to skip all of the recoding and just (barely) decode the 1080i stream in Zoomplayer on the celeron (had to overclock to 900MHz) using the dvbportal HDTVpump source filter and Sasem decoder.

I just save (start saving) the TP file on the host machine using graphedit, and load this file into Zoomplayer on the client machine over the LAN. This allows pause but seeking and FF/REW are unreliable. I'm very happy with the result.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Have you ever looked at VLC? It's a little late, and since you're happy, maybe you're not so motivated anymore, but it might do what you want.

I've only started messing with it myself, so I really dont know for sure.

HTH,

Gerald

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.