AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch the HD premier this morning? How did it look? For some reason my local only showed in SD.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I was about to say my local station also had it only in SD, but then I realized it's the same station as yours! (WYFF-4 in Greenville SC).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I set it on the DVR because they happened to mention it would be HD on the 11pm news last night. It looked pretty good. They had a couple of graphics glitches but it looked good. They had the main camera off center though which was driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If you only saw it in SD, your local station either

a) aired it on delay and didn't have HD recording capability,

b) they didn't know or

c) they didn't buy the HD version.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Was the spaghetti cat in HD?

What time is broadcast nationally? My local ABC airs it at 9 am central.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
It is fed live at 9AM ET.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL /forum/post/15464730

If you only saw it in SD, your local station either

a) aired it on delay and didn't have HD recording capability,

b) they didn't know or

c) they didn't buy the HD version.

I sent an e-mail to the station engineer and I haven't heard back yet. They broadcast the show live at 9:00am eastern. They show Ellen and Oprah in HD so I would assume they would arrange a similar deal for Regis. Maybe they just didn't know. I have no idea if these shows give everyone the time they need to make sure they are ready to go on day one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
oprah was in HD for the first time for me here in ohio. kinda offtopic but i thought i would share. didn't catch regis and kelly, but will record it tuesday morning to check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the camera that is "locked in place" showing both Regis and Kelley during Host Chat seemed to have some sort of soft filter on it. When the audience was shown, they looked far sharper than Regis or Kelley.

Maybe it's the same filter they use for close-ups of Barbara Walters on the View?

I also noticed that the sound is far crisper than the old SD-days of this show.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Regis & Kelly is in HD on WJLA-DT ABC 7 in DC. Looked at several minutes of it. That is one serious soft filter setting they have on the camera showing both Regis and Kelly at the desk. Probably running processing software to remove any detail and blemishes for skin tones.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Agree that the PQ on this show is soft. In comparison The View is much sharper.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesskid1 /forum/post/15466798

oprah was in HD for the first time for me here in ohio. kinda offtopic but i thought i would share. didn't catch regis and kelly, but will record it tuesday morning to check it out.

You saw Oprah in HD? I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY! I will pray for your eye sight. Same for you that saw Barbara Walters in HD also.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Regis & Kelly was in SD here in Des Moines on KCCI. They air it delayed at 9 CT, which could explain it. I could definitely see an improvement in the PQ, even in SD.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
good thing we didn't have HD when it was Regis & Kathy Lee Gifford

1 - 20 of 41 Posts