AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were told in January that the LiveWell Network was ending. Then in February, the "ending" date was moved to March. Then in March it was to moved to April. The press release I read regarding the LaffTV Network said that ABC stations (that most likely had Live Well) would be converting to "Laff" as of April 15th.

April 15th has arrived. LiveWell is still on my ABC affiliate.

Does anyone have any information on this?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
A while back, ABC announced that it would keep LiveWell on its O&O stations but would not produce any new episodes or launch any new programs. It'll be just repeats of previously aired programming.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A while back, ABC announced that it would keep LiveWell on its O&O stations but would not produce any new episodes or launch any new programs. It'll be just repeats of previously aired programming.
I don't recall hearing that! But what would be the point of it?? Do they think the programs were SO good that fans will continue watching reruns as if they were "Seinfeld" or "The Honeymooners"?

·
Super Moderator
18,722 Posts
The point is probably to burn off ad contracts that were signed before the cancellation was announced. I'm guessing a number of those advertisers were sold an annual bulk on all of the O&Os. Might be some local annuals that included LiveWell as a value-added buy, too. If you still see commercials - especially local ones - then that's the reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts