AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add 5.1 to our master bedroom, but it's going to take a while to sell it to the boss....

Living room:

HT gear -

- Hitachi 57F59 57" 1080i CRT RP HDTV

- Marantz SR-9600XM Receiver

- Panasonic DMP-BD10A Blu-ray player

- Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player

- DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR

- Panasonic DMR-ES20 DVD Recorder

- JVC HR-S3600U S-VHS VCR (my wife still has some old VHS home movies)

Speakers -

- Definitive Tech BP2004TL fronts (use built-in subs for .1)

- Definitive Tech CLR2002 center

- Definitive Tech BP2X surrounds

Here are a couple of pics. Due to the room dimensions, and my TV being a floorstander, my speaker layout is less than optimal. When I get a new TV, I'll either get or make a stand for the TV which will hold all of my AV gear under the TV (but still provide plenty of airspace!):

Master Bedroom:

- Samsung HP-T4254 42" 720p plasma TV

- Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player

- Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player

- DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR

- Toshiba VCR (not sure of the model number, pretty much a paper weight)

My next project for the living room is possibly adding surround back speakers, then later down the road TV upgrade is in order. I'm happy with the PQ of the Hitachi, but I want something larger (73" 1080p DLP RP is what I'm looking it, we'll see what's available when I get ready to pull the trigger).

For the bedroom, I want to add a receiver with HDMI video and audio switching, plus a 5.1 speaker system. I'm looking at in-ceiling options, to make it as unobtrusive and "wife-friendly" as possible.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks great, I was in the same boat as you with space and layout not being the most ideal layout. Looks like you have done really well with the space you have.

Some really nice gear you got enjoy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbiv /forum/post/12866668

Looks great, I was in the same boat as you with space and layout not being the most ideal layout. Looks like you have done really well with the space you have.

Some really nice gear you got enjoy.

Thanks. I saw your setup, looks like you made great use of your room as well. My last house, I had to put the surrounds on the back wall; we had one great room, and there was no place to hang the right surround. Now I can have a conventional 5.1 layout, and 7.1 if and when I go there.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
That Marantz is making me drool.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello "msu89dawgs"!

Very nice set up. But my question to you is, How do you like the Marantz SR9600?! It just reeks of quality. A true flagship AV Receiver. Despite the fact that it's HDMI 1.1, it's still crushes most of the receivers out there. Alot of people do not understand the mystique of the Marantz Receiver. I own a SR9300 and the only receiver I would replace it with would be the 9600. Do you do any 2 channel listening?!

·
Registered
317 Posts
What are the advantages of the Marantz 8002 over the 9600 when it comes to blur ray/HD dvd? Is it still ok to buy the 9600 and still get good quality hd dvd performance?

frenchmon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts