AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed with hurricane coverage on WABC the LLWS International Championship has been moved to ESPN in the NYC area.

Is this a part of the upgrades ESPN made to provide regional coverage areas?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
This is true for the DC area as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Be advised that the time and network for the LLWS Championship Game has changed once again. The game will be played at 3ET/12PT on ABC.

Of course ABC stations on the East Coast may still be covering Tropical Storm Irene, so those stations may shift game coverage to ESPN. The best thing I can suggest is check your individual stations.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
To answer the question about preempted ESPN programming, the high school football game scheduled for ESPN is airing on ESPNU. I'm guessing the high school basketball scheduled on ESPNU is just lost, but I can't tell from the guide info whether it was live anyway. Perhaps it wasn't.

ESPNEWS is still running their standard programming.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt /forum/post/20877573

To answer the question about preempted ESPN programming, the high school football game scheduled for ESPN is airing on ESPNU. I'm guessing the high school basketball scheduled on ESPNU is just lost, but I can't tell from the guide info whether it was live anyway. Perhaps it wasn't.

The basketball game is probably now only on ESPN3/ESPN360 now.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman /forum/post/20877721

You guys in NYC getting the LLWS in HD on ESPN?

Not on Dish. I did get it on an alternate ESPN channel, but it was in SD. ESPN and ESPNU both aired the football games. At least it was better than Saturday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.