AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about this. So far the games have been pretty lame but the picture quality has been very good.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I think the PQ looks awesome on my Toshiba 52" DLP via Charter cable...

The PQ even looks pretty darn good on D*, but Charter clearly has the edge...

I wonder why hardly any of the MLB HD games ever look this good?

I would say in my experience maybe 1 out of 10 MLB HD games on ESPNHD has looked as good as this Mex vs Can game tonight...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Really? I thought the Maitland, FL/ Davenport, IA matchup Friday night was a great game.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshu89
What do you guys think about this. So far the games have been pretty lame but the picture quality has been very good.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdemart
How do you get ESPN2 HD?????????????????????????????????????? :eek:

Its on some Adelphia cable systems. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree on both counts. Sport in it's purest form, people from around the world playing just for fun. Plus the defensive skills of these young men is nothing short of amazing. If you like baseball for the love of the game, this is a great watch.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson
I think it looks great as well and have enjoyed the games much more than MLB

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Nice to see athletes competing for the pure joy of competition. Heck, they even run out groundballs, and that's despite not being paid millions of dollars to do so. Barry Bonds and other MLB players could learn a lesson from these kids.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
"Plus the defensive skills of these young men is nothing short of amazing"

These all star kids do play a good game of baseball, but lots of errors, like when you see runners score from first base on a wild pitch , and inside the park home run from a 220 foot fence line. And throwing to bases when a kid is one step off the base.

The Vista, CA pitcher striking out 18 Kentucky batters was the best defense even if he did give up 2 home runs.

The HD picture is great. And the kids enthusiasm is awesome. But after seeing the pitcher against Florida throw over 135+ pitches in 6 innings, it really shows a need for the total pitch rule in LL. His coaches should have pulled him much earlier.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
On ESPN they said that the kid who struck out 18 batters was throwing at 82 MPH, or the equivalent of over a 100 mph fastball from the shortened 46 foot distance from the mound to home plate. Perhaps some major leaguers would have had problems hitting this kid! I know they had problems hitting Jenny Finch. The shortened reaction time makes it extremely difficult to hit.

On a side note, anyone catch the many video shots of Dante Bichette's wife in the Florida game...wow, what a stunning woman. No wonder she got so much camera time; they practically had a camera devoted just to her. And the midriff blouse and form fitting jeans didn't hurt.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
yup, trophy wives look good in HD too :)

the ca kid had a GS and 5 rbi tonight but it wasn't in HD :(

and LA came back from 1-8 down to beat ky.

it was like a replay of lsu beating ky in college football on that last play a couple years ago

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Man, you have to be jealous of the San Diego area (I mean in baseball terms). The MLB team (Padres) are in first place in their division, the Little League team (from Vista) is in the World Series and just advanced to the semi-finals, and their PONY team (13 and 14 year olds) made it all the way to the championship game before losing (took extra innings to do it). Great place for baseball.

Oh wait, I live in San Diego, so I have nothing to be jealous about! :D :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I haven't been interested in the event but GREAT pq

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.