AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the LMS 5400 is $850 at partsexpress.

Is that the standard price now or is it on sale?

Anyone know the reason behind the price drop?

Either way, that's a fantastic price for an outstanding driver!

Maybe some of you want to double up?

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Of course it's a nice little price drop, but was an 8% difference - or a few hundred for a QUAD- really keeping someone from spending this kind of money on a build in the first place? For their sake, I hope not.

James

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe  /t/1467768/lms-5400-850-pe-now-standard#post_23191981

Of course it's a nice little price drop, but was an 8% difference - or a few hundred for a QUAD- really keeping someone from spending this kind of money on a build in the first place? For their sake, I hope not.

James

Then why wouldn't they have raised it 8%?

It is a competitive marketplace and there are other ways to spend your money on subwoofers. Clearly they feel it will drive enough additional sales to make up for the lower per unit revenue.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Well, to be be perfectly frank, they likely could increase the price 8% and not have a significant impact on total unit sales.

Then it would still be a "great buy" for those who can and do purchase it. Some people are paying $2000 a day to watch golf in Augusta and consider it worth every penny.

What we speculate they are thinking- and what they actually are for that matter- is really immaterial.

Minor (generally considered 10% or less in this industry and range) price fluctuations are almost always directly correlated to the relative competition when you begin to consider/gauge their success in increasing sales volume. Since there is zero competition for this driver anywhere near this price point (as far as I'm aware, anyway) I'd postulate that this price adjustment will change very little in the total sales arena. It's not to say that there won't be a soul who now deems these sufficiently "equitable" enough for purchase, simply that I'd fancy to guess the change will not be terribly significant. Hey, it is after all, a SALE!

But that's for a different forum.

I'm happy for anyone that can now "afford" (tongue firmly in cheek) to use these in an application.

James

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
So your guess is that Parts Express wants to make less money? Parts Express clearly believes they will move a larger quantity at this price and PE is a pretty successful company selling lots of drivers who likely has a better handle on the market than those not selling drivers. You might be right, but my money is on PE...and the couple of guys on here who now wish they could stock up on some of these.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
No, that's not remotely what I said or inferred at all, but have a good one.

James

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I just saw this and purchased three and I cancelled my processor upgrade. I couldn't resist this sale. Better buy before they go out of stock and have to wait a long time. and the processor was full-price and won't be going out of production, so the decision was clear.

This should increase the displacement of my system by ~40%

Guess I better start making some more sub boxes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.