AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I picked up this LCD around 6 months ago. Have loved it up till now. I did a firmware update "which I don't believe has anything to do with it quitting" from 1004.0 to 1008.0 today. I did via Samsung's instructions: 1007.0 then 1008.0 and tv worked great all day. Played some videogames, watched a few movies.

I go say goodnight to my better half, come back in, and the set had turned itself off and the red led power light in the lower right corner is blinking. It blinks two long blips and 1 short, so I guess that would be 3 times... Set won't turn back on. I unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in. Same thing. Tried turning it on with both remote and manually hitting the power button and nadda. The thing is 6 months old!

Anyone have this problem or know what it is?

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuff84 /forum/post/15445787

Hey guys. I picked up this LCD around 6 months ago. Have loved it up till now. I did a firmware update "which I don't believe has anything to do with it quitting" from 1004.0 to 1008.0 today. I did via Samsung's instructions: 1007.0 then 1008.0 and tv worked great all day. Played some videogames, watched a few movies.

I go say goodnight to my better half, come back in, and the set had turned itself off and the red led power light in the lower right corner is blinking. It blinks two long blips and 1 short, so I guess that would be 3 times... Set won't turn back on. I unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in. Same thing. Tried turning it on with both remote and manually hitting the power button and nadda. The thing is 6 months old!

Anyone have this problem or know what it is?

A number of guys in the Plasma forum have posted how their Samsung Plasma's stop working immediately after doing a firmware update, and a few of em said Samsung sent a tech out to replace a board of some sort which fixed the TV. It seems like sometimes a firmware update will fry some components resulting in the TV shutting down. It's probably the same thing with their LCDs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH and the icing on the cake.... I find out that it's a "c" panel... No wonder the black was washing out grey... Im going to try to have them authorize an exchange through best buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.