AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me whats the actual width for this TV? I looked up at some sites ans some places claim its 41" 4/5 and some others, mainly the official Samsung website and bestbuy claim its 38.9 inches.

I am really tempted by this set but my cabinet is 39 inches wide and I would hate to order something and find out it doesn't fit.

Anyone has other good alternatives in the

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thanks a lot for your time, that was quick!

If you were to get another one like yours today would you still pick the 630?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Depends on pricing. I love my 630 and have absolutely no regrets buying it, but the 650 is a great set also and some say has slightly more POP to the picture due to the high gloss panel it has. Reflections nor lighting is a concern with me so at the same price I'd seriously have to check out the 650 and then make a decision.

At the time I purchased mine the 650 was $300 more than the 630 so the choice was easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The specs on Sammy's website say its 39.2" So it does not fit. I probably wouldn't get a glossy screen anyways since some seating positions are undesirable when watching during the day with this curvy tube tv.

Is Samsung supposed to release an updated model of this TV for 09?

I fell kind of being ripped of by looking at the price of some US e-tailers compared to the standard canadian price for this tv here.

O well.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Yes, I'll most likely be replaced in 09 as it's an 08 model. If Samsung follows suit as they did in 08, the 630 will probably be one of the last to be replaced though as it's one of the most recent 08 models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts