AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch DirecTV on my Samsung LN40B530. When I change channels on the DirecTV STB, the TV itself displays an information box in the upper left hand corner which shows source, time, and resolution. This box covers up a similar DirecTV information box. I would like to know if there is a way to setup the TV not to show it's information box when I change channels?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I accidentally found my own answer. On the DirecTV box, there is a setting for HDTV output that is Native, ON or OFF. What this does when ON is check the aspect ratio of the signal from the channel you are changing to and change the aspect ratio of the output of the STB to match that. This checking each time takes longer to change channels, and somehow triggers the Samsung menu that I was having an issue with. With Native set to OFF, the Samsung menu does not appear.

· Registered
105 Posts
Glad we could help!

What was happening was that when the Directv box was changing resolutions, it was temporarily not sending any data to the TV. When the data reappears, the TV thinks that something was just plugged into that input, and shows you the input name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.