AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first higher end TV that I have had. For some reason, my Samsung LN52b750 likes to pick and choose when it will remember what settings. Automotion plus activates seemingly at will. It will stay off when I tell it to stay off, but then if I start doing something different, it might just come back on. Then again it might not. You never know what it might do. For example, if I start playing a blue ray, it might come on. Even though I had it off for watching TV.

Then if I start watching TV again after the blue ray, it might decide that it wants automotion plus to be on again. Then I might turn the TV off, and it's anyone's guess what the automotion plus, and the backlight, might have set themselves to. It has a very strange idea of how it should remember what I set it to. Am I missing something here? Perhaps an a fellow owner of this TV might be able to chime in? It's my belief that the user's settings should be global, and permanent until changed. Or at the very least stay the same per each different input.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did just purchase this TV. And it was on the shelf, playing some HD channel to show what it looks like. Perhaps someone can give me some info on how to get it out of shop mode? I have been through all the menus four or five times trying to get it to stop. To no avail, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Your picture mode selections and or settings are probably being set and saved separatly for each input connection. So the settings you set for the TV's tuner do not apply to your Blu-Ray input connection. This feature enabled you to have different prestored settings for your different inputs since the different video sources almost always all have different Picture Quality characteristics.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
On some Sammys Shop Mode/Home Mode is listed under the Plug and Play heading in the main tv menu. Check in there for the setting switch. If not there, call Sammy tech support for the buttons to push on the tv itself for a reset.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, you have been a big help. It seems that yes, it was in fact in some sort of "shop mode". Sammy's customer service rep helped me take it out of shop mode, and now it does not pick and choose when it wants to remember what settings. It was even changing the sharpness and backlight at random lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And since I know that it is almost always better to post in an existing thread, rather than start a new one, I will go ahead and ask this in here. After all why not, since this thread is over with anyway lol.

Which calibration disc would you choose, to calibrate your LCD television?

And when you calibrate, are the settings useful for global? Meaning, once the TV has been calibrated, does that work for all the different inputs? From blue ray, to satellite, to game? Is that one global calibration, going to look good for anything I do? Or do I need to calibrate for each input?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaycoolJr /forum/post/18135031

And since I know that it is almost always better to post in an existing thread, rather than start a new one, I will go ahead and ask this in here. After all why not, since this thread is over with anyway lol.

Which calibration disc would you choose, to calibrate your LCD television?

And when you calibrate, are the settings useful for global? Meaning, once the TV has been calibrated, does that work for all the different inputs? From blue ray, to satellite, to game? Is that one global calibration, going to look good for anything I do? Or do I need to calibrate for each input?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=avs+709+disc

Yes, you can use the same settings for everything. The only thing I don't use the same settings for is gaming and that is because I use Game Mode to reduce the input lag.

You can get help adjusting your B750 in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1142352

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.