AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am a bit torn between 2 tv's. I like watching action movies, but don't play games or watch sports all that much. I wasn't sure if the 240Hz would have much of a difference above the 120. They both seem like good deals, but different technology and I'm not quite sure which way to go. The B750 is $1979 and the A950 is $2460. Thanks very much for your feedback!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen that post, but it was mostly price dependent. As the sets I'm looking at aren't that much different in price, I was hoping for a comparison more on PQ and features. I will do some more searching as you suggest. Thank you.

·
Banned
518 Posts
IMO, i will go for LN55A950.

1. You watch movies more than doing other thing, 240hz is not important.

2. LED is a better technology and i belief will take over LCD very soon. Also generate much less heat compare to LCD

3. the SIZE

I read a review at amazon.com and my hand is itchy now. i am currently using my ln46a650 for gaming. the user review there stated 55a950 better than 46a650 as he purchase both set at the same time and did some test

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN55A950-inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B001DT0LSI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1249748232&sr=8-1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really good info, thanks for the link. I finally pulled the trigger this weekend and got the A950. It looks great so far. I was watching Harry Potter yesterday and some of the scenes left me speechless.

A friend recommended to use the settings from cnet labs to setup the tv. I tried that, but feel it loses a bit of the sharpness. I'm not looking for ultra-sharp on the verge of unrealistic, but don't think those settings are taking advantage of the tv's abilities.

I got the floor model at best buy and they said they aren't ordering any more, so if you want the A950, you might want to jump on that quick!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was under the impression they only have floor models left, I could be wrong. I do know they aren't ordering any more so it's just whatever is left in the store. I ended up getting it for 2250 since it was a floor model. At either price, it's a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.