AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a LNB Sat B/C Combiner by itself, without having to purchase the whole Sat C kit.

Is it just a diplexer?

·
Super Moderator
18,630 Posts
No. It's a special combination trap and combiner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if you lose or break your Sat C combiner, you have to buy an entire kit again. Man that sucks. I was hoping that it was sold separately or if there was an equivalent. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would go ahead and buy a splitter (or diplexer) first, since their cheaper and try that first. All it's really doing is combinig that signal, but you never have to break it back up again before it hits your reciever. If that doesn't work, trying giving SolidSignal.com a try, they usually have extra stuff lying sround and most likely they'll give you one for free and just charge you shipping.

~=)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
All it's really doing is combinig that signal
That's not all. There is a filter on the 119 input to block the frequencies from transponders 1-21.

-Robert

·
Super Moderator
18,630 Posts
dustbunny..

Actually, no. The special sat C combiner has to trap out the lower transponders from the 119 orbital slot before it can combine the shifted transponders from the 110. Dish Network uses the 8, 10 and 12 frequencies at 119. If you just use a plain combiner, all your receiver would get would be garbage on those transponders since you'd be mixing two identicial frequencies.

And an diplexor is not the same as a simple combiner. Its circuitry is designed to combine signals 1Ghz (satellite) on the same piece of coax. In a situation such as this, it would be quite useless.

Doc

·
Registered
198 Posts
I tried using a 950-1450 splitter/combiner and a standard LNB. It does not work. Don't waste your time or money.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.