1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im having this issue with my sammy 4065f

is this familiar to anyone ?

i wonder what could it be, maybe firmware ?

my firmware is 1029/1009

·
Registered
633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrencr /forum/post/18268919

Hi all

Im having this issue with my sammy 4065f

is this familiar to anyone ?

i wonder what could it be, maybe firmware ?

my firmware is 1029/1009

did you try the sammy thread?

did you do the usual, mute 182 power, settings?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
warrencr, that looks like maybe a board going out in the TV, or potentially the screen going. Either way, that doesn't look good.

More information, please! Does it do it with TV or specific sources? How is your source hooked up?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the same dots you see there, stay the same no matter what source you are or watching tv

But if i turn it off and turn it back on when that that happens, it goes back to normal...

It only happens when you first turn it on in the same day, not after that in the same day

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and is not everyday, some days

I forgot something very important, it is taking longer to turn on now

it chimes or melody, then red light blinks 4 or 5 times, then melody again red light blink like twice and turn on

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrencr /forum/post/18271157

and is not everyday, some days

I forgot something very important, it is taking longer to turn on now

it chimes or melody, then red light blinks 4 or 5 times, then melody again red light blink like twice and turn on

These units have power supplys which fail in time due to faulty capacitors. I am 99.9% sure that this is the problem with yours. Samsung is now covering the cost of service for this problem. Get it to an Authorized Service Center ASAP.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks man

but, about the cost of service you mentioned, that doesnt apply to my country, im from central america, as you can see in my location

nothing applies here

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Yeah as I recall this is likely a power supply issue. If you can't get the part replaced by Samsung, I wonder if you can source the part? It's REALLY easy to open the TV up (lay it flat on the screen, and remove some screw and the back just pops off!). I'd vote this is the problem. I believe you can check the capacitors yourself by taking the back cover off. Someone with more knowledge of this please chime in!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know about open it myself, i dont have the right tool for this kind of screws

and how would i know wich capacitor is not working ...

cause if a capacitor is the problem, i don't think is completely burn out, the dots issue only happen 2 times a week mostly

the problem is not persistent so far

im wondering.. is the board replacement as easy as changing a card in my pc?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i been soaking myself with info on the net, it amazing how many educational videos are out there about capacitors...

and yes , it really easy replacing a bad capacitor

but i dont have this tool to heat it up, dont know how is called

1 - 11 of 11 Posts