AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been having a problem with my TV where I get black bars across the screen. I have only gotten in when watching movies on my PS3 (HDMI), but I don't do much with the TV anyways so I don't really know if I'd get it other ways such as cable.

Now the weird thing is that when I switch to a different input, the black bars stay there. They stay there until I turn off the TV and turn it back on. I included 2 pictures below and a video. 1 picture is of the TV on HDMI, the other is of the TV on cable. The video is of the TV on cable, but it is the same for everything.

about 10 seconds before this happens, it will start to flicker. Sort of like the black bars want to come up but just don't stick, then all of a sudden the screen is stuck like that.

This is becoming quite annoying and I really hope the TV isn't going bad. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

HDMI

CABLE

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I have had the 4071 since pretty much its release and I’ve never had such an issue. If the problem spans multiple inputs, it is time to call Samsung or take it iback if you still have warranty.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is less than a year old so I should still have a warranty.

Could it possibly be a bad HDMI cable that just sends a weird signal to the TV that messes it up? Although I don't watch a lot of cable I do watch it once in awhile and I've never had this issue.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any ideas at all? This is really bothering me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts