AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I are in the local Best Buy yesterday. We were picking up a few small items, but mostly we were just in the neighborhood--I'd taken her out for dinner.

So, I head over to the PVR area and notice a 5040 and a 5080 as open boxes. I think to myself, hmmmmm...could be a deal, until I looked at how they had priced them.

Open Box 5040--Regularly $299.00 for $199.00 right beside it we have brand new sealed box 5040 $299.00 before the advertised $100 rebate.

Open Box 5080--$399.00 for $299.00 right beside it we have a brand new sealed 5080 for $399.00 before the advertised $100 rebate.

What are they thinking?

·
Registered
202 Posts
The thing to remember is that open box prices are not always lowest final price. Also if it open box and has a rebate, or can talk them into putting open box on your receipt, some people have been successful at getting the rebate for them also.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The other thing you must find out, did they activate it? A friend of mine got an open box rptv at BestBuy, and later on he found out that it had lifetime activation applied.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
My BB never has RTV's as open boxes... this BB is in southwest Austin, TX. Maybe you guys always beat me too 'em.

Cheers

·
Registered
249 Posts
My local BB seems to take $50 off the pre-rebate price for open box units. That makes them look like they are priced higher than the "new" units, since the price cards for the new units feature after-rebate pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.