AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the DirectTV HD package which gets me the standard HD channels, espn, Discovery, etc. But according to DirecTV's channel lineup I downloaded from their website, the networks are availible in HD for the East and West coasts. I get my local network channels from DC, and I know most, if not all of them broadcast stuff in HD. The problem is, I'm not getting these channels on DirecTV. Do I need to get them OTA or something?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname /forum/post/0

I've got the DirectTV HD package which gets me the standard HD channels, espn, Discovery, etc. But according to DirecTV's channel lineup I downloaded from their website, the networks are availible in HD for the East and West coasts. I get my local network channels from DC, and I know most, if not all of them broadcast stuff in HD. The problem is, I'm not getting these channels on DirecTV. Do I need to get them OTA or something?

Do you have a 5LNB Dish and an H20 or HR20 receiver? You will not get the East and West Coast feeds, but you should get the DC locals in HD.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname /forum/post/0

I forgot to mention that I'm to far away from DC to pick up OTA signals. Would the equipment you listed let me get these channels in HD via satellite?

Yes, you will get:

WRC 4

WTTG 5

WJLA 7

WUSA 9

WDCA 20

Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic 629

in HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.