AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting very frustrated with my Panasonic HDS20 receiver. I have normal cable in addition to DirectTV. So I enter my zip code and select my cable provider. I have my ANT setting to CABLE STD. When it's done acquiring data, it only allows me to tune the major networks on the lower channels (NBC,CBS,ABC,FOX). UPN on Channel 22 claims to be "channel unavailable". If I switch the tuning mode from Satellite to Local, then I can receive all 60 of the lower channels. But in Satellite tuning mode, the Favorites channel section shows everything except the major networks as unavailble.

If I change the ANT setting to "Antenna", then all of the lower channels become available in the Favorites section, except that now it can't tune in anything above channel 13. When I set ANT back to "Cable STD", then it grays out everything except the major networks again.

So what's the deal here? Isn't there a way to force it to let me tune any of the lower channels that I want? Why it is only allowing the major networks to get through? This, along with the slow user interface is really tempting me to return this thing. Please help! Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.