AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been experiencing any problems with local channels (mine are Houston Area) becoming pixelated? It has nothing to do with clouds or rain (those in the Houston area know that we haven't seen any for a month now!). It was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago, I can record or watch something off of a non-local satellite channel and its fine, but the locals are fine sometimes, but most of the time they are pixelated with the sound skipping.

I called directv and they said they had received a few calls and have been aware of this for about 2 months, but do not have any other information.

Anyone have any info on this, or a fix?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Keep calling your Houston stations and demand that they get the problem fixed...

· Registered
10 Posts
I have read elsewhere that the pixelation (which I am seeing also!) is due to a higher compression ratio for the local channels on the new sattelite that was put up to provide more local channel access. On the one hand I like the access to 14 local channels (including UPN -- I'm a star trek watcher!) instead of 4, but on the other hand the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Take this with a grain of salt b/c it is 4th or 5th hand information and not much better than a rumor, but it makes sense.

-Grebki

· Registered
248 Posts
We had a really bad problem with pixelating locals here in Salt Lake - especially the NBC affiliate. It took about a month before it was cleared up, but D* gave me my locals for free for two months.

Karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.