AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone please contact DirecTV and Dishnetworks to add my local channels in chicago il, even if you don't live in chicago il, or even if you don't have Satellite Service

These Local channels i want them to ad are.

Channel 23 (WFBT-CA) ind

CHANNEL 28- WOCH-LP)

Channel 34 (WJYS) ind

Channel 38 (WCPX) local pax Station

Channel 56 (WYIN) PBS station

contact DirecTV at http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.jsp

and or phone them at 1800-531-5000

contact Dishnetworks at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/a...t_us/index.asp

and or call them at 1-800-333 DISH (3474)

thats 1800-333-3474

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Flame suit on:

"Sorry, openhouse, we want Dish to carry LESS channels, not more. These local independents chew up as much bandwidth as any other channel, so if they don't carry them, it's all that much more Picture Quality for the channels I do choose to watch."

Flame suit off.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Dream on !!

Class A's and LP's are not required, PAX is already covered on AT100 for Dish, and if WJYS and WYIN aren't up, it's because the STATION didn't follow through on their MustCarry request. Or - have you checked that maybe they are on a side-slot (2nd dish required) (it looks like WJYS is on 2nd slot)?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Channel 34 (WJYS) ind and Channel 56 (WYIN) PBS station are NW Indiana and I doubt you'll ever see them, even with spotbeam. WTTW Chicago is considered the local PBS and has friends in high places, so no Channel 56. WJYS is low power. Channel 38 (WCPX) local pax Station, the old Christian TV station which was bought by PAX and might have been must carry as an Ind. Christian channel, but as has been stated -- PAX is PAX. Channel 23 (WFBT-CA) ind and CHANNEL 28- WOCH-LP, again low power.

If these channels are a real deal breaker for you, why not get local only cable and a VCR for them, then watch everything else on DBS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.