AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have d* with a proscan HD receiver. It is basically a dtc-100 all dressed up. I have the 18x24 eliptical dish with dual lnb's I want to add a 3rd lnb and also an antenna for local Hd broadcasts. I am in the Elk Grove area of Sacramento. I would like to know if anyone has added the clip on antenna the one that fastens right on the dish. If so does it receive all local broadcasts. 3-58. If this antenna is to weak what are you using. P.S. the lnb's run into my house where I have a 5x8 multiswitch. How do I get the local broadcast from my antenna through those same lines and then to the receiver. I believe I need to use diplexers but am not sure. If I cannot run it on the same lines do I need to run a seperate line. Thanks.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G
Any chance for a more specific thread title?
Fixed.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzer
I seemed to remember someone advising against using the clip on antennas so I searched the forum. I only found 2 references but they both said don't use a clip-on. It didn't say why?
They generally don't work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm no expert but I remember somebody saying the clip on antennas can't be pointed as they are stationary on the dish.

Living in Elk Grove you should be able to pick up the local digitals on rabbit ears since you live so close to Walnut Grove (where the transmitters are located).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any suggestions on an antenna to pick up PBS in the Roseville/Rocklin (I'm in Roseville on the Rocklin border) area? I've got a Samsung T351 with a RS double bow-tie right now.

With the antenna sitting on my TV, I can get CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, and WB...just can't get any signal on PBS. I've tried moving it all over my room, with no luck. This was last night...I'm assuming PBS was broadcasting last night.

I'm considering moving the double bow-tie into the attic to see if it will help. I'm willing to do an attic mount of an antenna, but don't really want to do an outside antenna if I don't have to.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
22 Posts
This info from KVIE web page:

Note: If you are unable to receive the signal, view your setup and manually enter channel 53. Your set should then find the KVIE digital channels 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, and 6-4.

There is a bug that makes you wait about 20 seconds or more before it locks in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jb43
This info from KVIE web page:

Note: If you are unable to receive the signal, view your setup and manually enter channel 53. Your set should then find the KVIE digital channels 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, and 6-4.

There is a bug that makes you wait about 20 seconds or more before it locks in.
Thanks for the info. I tried manually tuning to 53 last night. I'm pretty sure I waited 20 seconds or so...it was long enough for the Samsung to come up and say "No Signal". However, I'll try it again tonight when I get home.

I'm also gonna go get a Silver Sensor from Best Buy tonight and see if that helps.

Andrew

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah...got things working. I tried the Silver Sensor, but it didn't do as well as my Rat Shack double bow-tie. So, I'm taking it back.

Turns out that I just had to wait a little longer than I did for it to tune. Really weird behavior with my SIR T-351...it tunes it, waits a few seconds, says "No Signal", then if I wait another 5 seconds or so, the channel shows up. Also, it never remaps to 6-1 and 6-2. On my receiver it is always 53-1 and 53-2. Does PBS broadcast any channel info? If so, I'm not getting that either.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.